EPLAN Syngineer

About tools that aim to close or bridge the gap between different engineering disciplines.
Henk-Jan Scholman
founder

EPLAN Syngineer

Post by Henk-Jan Scholman » 20 Mar 2017, 09:05

Not much known about this new EPLAN product, yet. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/function ... huc-nguyen
The Syngineer enables entry into mechatronic engineering and provides cross-departmental support in the integration of mechanical engineering, controls engineering and PLC software.
https://www.eplan.de/en/solutions/mecha ... syngineer/

"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at will change!" Wayne Dyer

Matthias Probst
founder

Re: EPLAN Syngineer

Post by Matthias Probst » 21 Apr 2017, 09:15

I want to take a look at HMI. From the information i have at the moment i understand this as a communication system between the disciplines.
I found and get no information, that this tool create something.

The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.
Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes courage is the quite voice at the end of the day saying:
I will try again tomorrow.

Henk-Jan Scholman
founder

Post by Henk-Jan Scholman » 08 May 2017, 14:10

I had a short introduction of this new tool. It seems to solve only the problem of mis-communication between different disciplines.

Still, you will need some sort of mechatronic model in some sort of a database to specify what information is being exchanged between the disciplines? And some way to build an configure these interfaces / that model. Or is it just a matter of mapping one table of data-fields (e.g. provided by an EPLAN P8 API) to another table of data-fields (e.g. provided a Siemens TIA Portal API).

Didn't have time to get that demonstrated. Any of you did?

"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at will change!" Wayne Dyer

Matthias Probst
founder

Post by Matthias Probst » 10 May 2017, 10:44

no sorry, i stopped at Cogineer. But i think you ar right with that solve only the problem of mis-communication between different disciplines.

The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.
Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes courage is the quite voice at the end of the day saying:
I will try again tomorrow.

Henk-Jan Scholman
founder

Post by Henk-Jan Scholman » 10 May 2017, 15:01

There's a webcast coming up. I subscribed to learn more about it.
http://www.syngineer.de/en/syngineer-webcasts/