27.-29.11.2018 SPS IDC drives Nürnberg

Want to arrange a meeting? This is the place to do it.
Matthias Probst
founder

27.-29.11.2018 SPS IDC drives Nürnberg

Post by Matthias Probst » 24 Nov 2018, 15:13

Hey Kollegs,
i will be there at Wednesday and Thursday any other one?
Greetings Matthias

The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.
Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes courage is the quite voice at the end of the day saying:
I will try again tomorrow.

Matthias Probst
founder

Re: 27.-29.11.2018 SPS IDC drives Nürnberg

Post by Matthias Probst » 30 Nov 2018, 12:51

Review:
The fair was not as crowded this year as it was last year and topics such as digitization, digital transformation, IoT, connected machine, cloud are on the increase.
According to my perception, in many places there are still large gaps in knowledge, what is meant by all these topics and what you can be seen through perceptible restraint of some companies.
What I have not found are solutions, products that look at all aspects of the process.
Purchasing, sales, processing -> yes
Mechanics with ERP -> yes
Electrics with ERP -> yes
Electrics with software whatever -> yes
One by one or holistic view -> no.
A manufacturer of connectors praises its entire product range at the stand. The fact that he has a configurator online with which his customers can configure plug-in connections and what the configurator all could do, is nowhere to be found and could only be experienced in a personal conversation.
There has been a keen interest in product manufacturers to have their products assembled by using configurators, but the cost of purchasing, e.g. Software licenses still scares off.
Everyone is developing bit by bit, but nothing is groundbreaking which will amaze you.
We will seen what is comming next year.

The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.
Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes courage is the quite voice at the end of the day saying:
I will try again tomorrow.